To install an SSL certificate for Oracle Wallet Manager or Application Server 10g, follow these steps
Step 1. Download the Root and Intermediate Certificate
- Download the root.
- To download the intermediate Certificates:
Download the appropriate Primary and Secondary Intermediate CA certificates based on your SSL certificate product.
Step 2. Import the Root and Intermediate Certificate
Note: You must add all trusted certificates in the certificate chain of a user certificate before adding a user certificate, or the command to add the user certificate will fail.
- Open Oracle Wallet Manager
- Select Operations > Import Trusted Certificate
- Select Paste the Certificate
- Click OK
- Paste the certificate into the text box
- Click OK
A message at the bottom of the window confirms that the trusted certificate was successfully installed.
Note: Remember to save changes to the Wallet after importing the Trusted Root Certificate and before closing the Wallet. The Root Certificate Authority (CA) certificate must be placed in the Trusted Certificates list. Repeat these steps to install the intermediate certificate(s).
Step 3. Import the Certificate
- After receiving the approval email sent from VeriSign, download the attached cert.cer file or copy the embedded text in the approval message to a .txt file.
- From the Operations menu, click Import User Certificate. The Import Certificate dialog box appears.
NOTE: Ensure your certificate is in x.509 format.
- Click Paste the certificate, and then click OK. Another Import Certificate dialog box appears with the following message:
"Please provide a base64 format certificate and paste it below. Paste the certificate into the dialog box, and choose OK."
- Click OK.
- When this is completed a message at the bottom of the window confirms that the certificate was successfully installed. The Oracle Wallet Manager main window reappears, and the status of the corresponding entry in the left panel subtree changes to Ready.
The actual certificate request becomes part of the wallet. Any certificate request can be reused to obtain a new certificate. However, an existing certificate request cannot be modified.
NOTE: If the above method does not work then create a new wallet in wallet manager generate a new CSR and repeat the steps above
For more information, visit the following Oracle Web site: